In 1915 the project of a new residential area near piazza Quadrata (piazza Buenos Aires) was entrusted to the architect Gino Coppedè. The project of the palaces of the Ambassadors, the main entrance to Coppedè from via Tagliamento was approved in 1918 and in 1921 the palaces were completed. The two photos show them from via Tagliamento and from piazza Mincio.