A horse-drawn cart, a gentleman and two children, all posing under the Anguillara Tower in Piazza Gioacchino Belli. The Tower built together with the nearby palace in 1200 by the Anguillara family had various uses and owners, until 1902 when it was expropriated and restored by the Municipality of Rome. The latter in 1921 gave it under management to “La Casa di Dante”, an institute for the dissemination of Dante Alighieri’s works and which still exists today.

Use the central handle to move the curtain and see the two superimposed images. If it should not be totally visible, it is possible to put it in full screen with the button at the top right of the image.