Photograph taken from Piazza Barberini (about 1890) looking at what will become via Veneto, on the right the church of Santa Maria Immacolata dei Cappuccini and on the left Sant’Isidoro a Capo le Case also known as degli Irlandesi.
The Church of the Capuchins, built in 1600 in an area that at the time was open countryside, also included a monastery which was demolished precisely for the opening of Via Vittorio Veneto. It houses important pictorial works, but it is above all famous for its crypt-ossuary where the five chapels are decorated with over 4,000 bones of friars.
Use the central handle to move the curtain and see the two superimposed images. If it should not be totally visible, it is possible to put it in full screen with the button at the top right of the image.